The math is getting stressful. Only a few more days — maybe a week — until Claire’s hoped-for litter will be too young to show at the May National Specialty.
I especially want my puppy — if we are blessed enough to have one — to be ready for Specialty tracking. That, however, requires that said puppy be six months old on the day of the tracking test.
Come on, Claire!!!
This anxious waiting is another cost of breeding. I am reluctant to enter any shows or plan any trips, and this is delaying some of my goals — like Harper’s CD — and it means I am missing fun weekends with friends.
People ask if I can meet on August XX and I cannot give a firm commitment — unless it is within the next 12 days. This is not conducive to life as a professional.
Further, it is looking like I will need to travel during the semester and while I can stay on top of things remotely, it still makes me feel flaky and anxious to be absent for a few days.
I know I have said this before but it bears repeating — breeding dogs well is not for the faint of heart, and that is for all kinds of reasons.
I am certain October is safe (knock on wood) and so Daisy will be in three agility trials in October. Agility is most certainly her Superpower — and it is a lot of fun for both of us.
Harper B for Being Patient says she is fine waiting a bit to finish her CD.
After all, the Dog Days of Summer are pretty awesome for a dog in Montana.